Rogers High Fidelity 65V-2 Integrated Amplifier - EL34 Tube Magic!
Free Shipping on *ALL* Electronics (Excluding Speakers, Contiguous 48 US States Only)
Pickup currently unavailable at SkyFi 479
Rogers High Fidelity 65V-2 Integrated Amplifier - EL34 Tube Magic!
479 South Broad Street
Glen Rock NJ 07452
I've often wondered why someone would buy a Chinese made tube amplifier when you can get an American designed and made example for just a bit more.
The 65V-2 is not your grandfathers EL34 amplifier!- it's a modern well engineered version combining the things that worked in the old days, plus modern conveniences and advancements.
Please check out the full video review from our YouTube channel:
We got the best results when paired with our high efficiency in-house set of Tannoy Arden speakers from the late 1970's. What glorious, delicate, yet impactful sound we received from the combination. It outperformed our beloved vintage Marantz 8B which had a similar configuration. The noise floor was much lower and the punch was much bigger, likely due to the quality and design of the output transformers and the highest quality parts selection.
This is a full function integrated amplifier with Bluetooth remote control. The only thing you'll need is a phono section if you plan to use your turntable, and thankfully there are plenty of inputs to connect one.
The Bluetooth control allows you to download an available iOS app (compatible with your iPad or iPhone) and control the the unit from your iOS device. Note it will not allow you to stream music from your iOS device - it's only for control.
The 65V-2 features a nifty and surprisingly useful display which reports things like input selection, triode ultra-linear mode, standby state, headphones versus speaker selection, etc. Speaking of which, this unit doubles as a great headphone amplifier and I suspect many savvy headphone aficionados will choose to use this unit strictly as such.
We think this would make a great starter tube system, secondary audiophile system, or straight tube amplifier.
Cosmetically we haven't seen anything this striking in a while. The deep lush red paintwork truly stands out and speaks of quality. Almost seems like it was applied at a high-end body shop next to a Lamborghini. The thick aluminum faceplace is also superbly finished and anodized to last a lifetime. Gold plated binding posts and RCA jacks are used throughout.
This 65V-2 is lightly used, yet in perfect condition. Not a scratch or fingerprint on it anywhere to be seen. Best of all it will come with the Rogers lifetime warranty, along with their superb customer service.
This listing Includes the 65V-2 Integrated Amplifier, the original box with all packaging materials, manual, Bluetooth antenna, and the original power cord.
More information from Rogers:
ROGERS 65V-2 Integrated Amplifier
An upgrade to the critically acclaimed 65V-1, the Model 65V-2 integrated amplifier boasts such upgrades as:
- Double the power output (50 WPC vs 25 WPC)
- CNC Milled Front Panel
- High-gloss “Matador Gold” powder coating
- iPhone and iPad control app
- Automated tube bias monitoring
The Model 65V-2 is Class A, single-ended design, all tube integrated amplifier with dedicated headphone output that is designed to use either EL-34 or KT-88 tubes with no adjustment or changes. Simply insert the tube of your selection!
The 65V-2 has a durable DuPont exclusive sintered “Matador Gold” red powder coat with clear gloss finish and solid billet aluminum front panel. The chassis is made with heavy gauge aircraft grade aluminum. An LCD display has a tube status indicator to automatically monitor tube bias and provide advanced notice for replacement.
The auto bias circuit allows effortless operation for the user. No adjustments are needed to get both long tube life and superior audio performance. Selectable audio modes of triode and ultra-liner operation provide an enhanced sound stage selection.
The 65V-2 uses a toroidal type power supply and a separate low noise DC tube filament power supply, which enhances the pure fidelity signal reproduction. A dedicated headphone output circuit provides optimum performance during more intimate listening sessions.
An available iOS app (compatible with iPad or iPhone) uses a Bluetooth wireless connection to enhance the user experience, smartly displaying the amplifier’s output level using real-time telemetry information.
All Rogers High Fidelity Products are built by hand one at a time using all military grade components and Teflon coated point-to-point wiring and carry a lifetime warranty.
All Rogers High Fidelity Products are built by hand one at a time using all military grade components and Teflon coated point to point wiring!
- Tube Complement: 2x EL-34 or 2x KT-88; 2 x – EF-86
- Power Output: 40 Watts rms Per Channel
- Frequency Response: Approx. +/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20KHz with less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion @ 10 Watts
- Input: 4x Unbalanced – One Front
- Output: 2 – 32 Ohm R/L + 1x Headphone output
- Weight: 26 lbs.
- Dimensions: 17” width, 12” depth, 9” height
- Transferable Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Made In The USA– Hand built to the most exacting specifications in our New York Facility. Each amplifier is shipped with a fully evaluated test data package so that the customer can see how his/her particular unit performed after acceptance
- (2) EL-34 OR KT-88 Tubes– Customer can select vacuum tube based on personal preference at purchase time
- Completely Hand Wired– The entire amplifier is wired by hand using all discrete components and all point to point. All of the wiring and soldering meets the Military Standard 2000 requirements. All operators are trained to this standard.
- Class A Operation– Military specification components, point to point Teflon wiring all carefully manufactured to the highest specifications.
- Control Capability via Bluetooth– Connection to an Apple smartphone application, the 65V-2 displays on application control functions of all the amplifiers features: Ultra-linear and triode modes, Volume: Ultra-linear and triode modes, Volume, Input and the operational mode setting using a LCD screen with visual indicators.
- Power Supply Circuit– Can easily handle large dynamic transitions in the audio signal being delivered while maintaining a smooth and clear midrange; vocals are presented with a truly rich and warm feel.
- Auto Bias Circuit– For long tube life and ease of operation. Self Bias circuit for adjustment free operation and longest tube life. Customer does not need to adjust tube bias. As the tubes age, they adjust for bias changes automatically. The customer can change tubes at any time or replace a single tube rather than the full set and the amp will automatically re-bias for the change.
- Aviation Grade Chassis– All amplifier chassis are aviation grade aluminum with a muti-phase powder coat and clear coat finish.
- Aerospace Specifications– All resistors, capacitors, transformers, and inductive components meet or exceed the applicable military quality standards for parts selection.
- Burn-In Process– Each amplifier undergoes a rigorous 100 hour burn-in prior to acceptance testing.
- Power Measurement System– Each amplifier has a tuned, power measurement system that allows for flawless system integration and adjustment.
- Binding Posts– Solid milled copper binding posts plated with gold create a seamless connection
- Internal Wiring– The entire amplifier is wired using 18 gauge Military Standard 16878 teflon coated, silver-plated copper wire. Because this is a Class A design, there is some heating of the unit that causes the wiring to age and degrade over time. Teflon coating prevents this and is designed to last for the entire life of the product.
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
iOS App Only
Yes - Power