Meridian Reference Audio Core 818v3 - With MQA Hi-Res Audio
This is a like new 818v3 with MQA / Master Quality Authenticated Hi-Res processing.
Massive reduction from MSRP. Includes brand new remote in box, and yes 818v3 is shown during the unit boot sequence.
"MQA's award-winning technology captures and authenticates the sound of the original master recording in a file small enough to stream."
Tested and working all around exactly as it should.
FLEXIBILITY MEETS PERFECTION
The ultimate home audio system hub, the 818v3 Reference Audio Core is the highest performance two-channel preamplifier manufactured by Meridian. With a full suite of the unique resolution enhancement technologies on-board and extensive connection options for all of your audio sources, the 818v3 delivers the very best listening experience.
• Multiple analogue and digital inputs enable connection to any source within a system.
• Unique Meridian High Resolution up-sampling offers the best possible performance from all of your sources.
• Re-clocking of the digital audio signal removes timing errors for superior clarity and resolution.
• 270 bespoke RAL finishes available, allowing you to integrate with any interior.
WE ARE THE PIONEERS OF HI-RES AUDIO
• MQA is a technology that captures the full magic of an original studio performance. Using pioneering scientific research into how people hear, MQA delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download – the days of sacrificing quality for convenience are over. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information.
• Uses a complex digital filter to double the rate of samples from the source to improve resolution of the finer details in the record. This means that even with a standard source such as CD using our upsampling technology we are able to significantly enhance the listening experience.
• A patented Meridian audio format that combines high bandwidth, security and low jitter. MHR gets the highest possible sound quality in playback systems that use Meridian and enables the encoded transmission of PCM, MQA and DSD.
AUDIO OUTPUTS- ANALOGUE
1x unbalanced on phono, 1x balanced on XLR-3M, rendering of decoded MQA streams
AUDIO OUTPUTS - DIGITAL
Coaxial S/PDIF ≤96kHz/24-bit
Twin SpeakerLink, RJ45 balanced (AES/EBU) digital interface for single-cable connection to other Meridian equipment, ≤96kHz/24-bit with MHR, and MQA signals for rendering by Meridian DSP loudspeakers
AUDIO INPUTS - ANALOGUE
6x unbalanced on phono
AUDIO INPUTS - DIGITAL
2x Coaxial S/PDIF ≤192kHz/24-bit, DoP, 2x Toslink optical ≤96kHz/24-bit, 1x SpeakerLink ≤192kHz/24- bit, 1x Asynchronous USB ≤192kHz/24-bit, DoP, MQA source decoding, DSD (DoP) native decode
One network input (Ethernet) for connection to a Roon system or an alternative control interface
Meridian Comms: 2x 240 degree 5-pinDIN, 1x SpeakerLink input with Comms, 2x SpealerLink outputs with Comms
RS232: 9-pin D-sub, remote control & configuration
Triggers: 3x 12V (barrel connectors)
Front panel: Source, Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Mute, Volume+, Volume-, Off
Behind long door: Menu, Up, Down, Left, Right, F-Fwd, F-Rwd, Setup, Source, Display, Mute, Volume+, Volume-
Remote Control: Via MSR+ (supplied) and RS232
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT
HEIGHT: 175mm [6.9in]
WIDTH: 480mm [18.9in]
DEPTH: 411mm [16.2in]
WEIGHT: 16.0kg [35.2lbs]
Advanced linear power supply: 110 - 120 Volt 50/60Hz, 220 - 240 Volt 50/60Hz
Max Power Consumption: 40 Watts
The SkyFi Testing Process for Preamplifiers and Processors:
We start with a visual inspection of all internal components to make sure there are no signs of stress or aging. Capacitors are checked for telltale sings of bulging or leaking, resistors are checked for signs of overheating or cracking, and transistors are checked for signs of stress or damage. Special attention is paid to the power supply which is the most common source of failure for preamps. We then power up the unit and run a simple 1k sine wave while monitoring the low voltage output on an oscilloscope for signs of distortion or noise to get a baseline.
At this point we will lubricate and clean all switches and potentiometers (that are not sealed) with a high quality contact cleaner, and then re-test all functions for any signs of noise or scratching.
Final testing involves putting actual music through the preamplifier We have learned over time that some issues are only noticeable to a trained ear while listening to a familiar source material. Our test bench has reference vintage KEF speakers that we are super familiar with which will quickly reveal any discrepancies. Some preamps will then move into the listening room where they will be tested with our in-house reference system.
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes Brand New in Box
Yes - Power