Arcam CD-36 SE CD Player
24 Bit 192 KHz capable CD player.
This unit takes CD playback to the furthest point in its development. There were no real evolutions or improvements beyond this point.
Comes complete like the day it left the factory. Units looks brand new and was hardly used.
Fully tested and working perfectly.
Includes box, packaging, manual, renovate and power cord.
120V/240V Capable and made in the UK.
- Quad Wolfson WM8740 Dacs on a four-layer fibreglass board using analogue averaging greatly increases linearity and reduce distortion
- Upsampling technology to 192kHz at 24-bit resolution allows the use of very high frequency analogue output filtering for improved phase and frequency response giving superb detail and sonic reality
- High stability 3rd overtone clock oscillator for ultra low jitter, improving stereo image and soundstage
- High quality ceramic capacitors improve de-coupling of high frequency signals, reducing electrical noise within the player’s circuitry
- Four-layer main board & display board using extra layers to ensure very low digital noise and eliminate most of the degradation caused by interference
- RF screening greatly reduces the Radio Frequency Inference (RFI) within the sensitive circuit paths giving a playback that is refined and controlled during all occasions
- Chassis treated with Accousteel damping, which eradicates mechanical interaction with the listening room or CD drive mechanism
Power supply design
- Dual toroidal mains transformers supplying DAC circuitry and controller sections. This allows complete separation of transport electrical noise from the sensitive DAC electronics
- Further power regulation using 10 separate regulated power supplies powering different sections of the CD36
- Mechanical shielding protects susceptible circuit boards from any residual magnetic fields the transformers may emit
- Power consumption (max) 32VA
- Size 430W x 290D x 85H mm inc. feet
- Weight (net) 6.5kg