Meridian 218 Zone Controller, MQA Network Streamer and DAC (Roon Ready)
Add a pair of our Meridian powered speakers (like these DSP3200's) and you've got a full system capable of the highest bit rates and streaming quality.
More from Meridian:
218 ZONE CONTROLLER
Designed for use in in-room or in-rack, the 218 Zone Controller contains the functionality needed to create a Hi-Res audio zone. Accommodating both local and distributed audio, whether analogue or digital, the Meridian 218 is also an endpoint for Roon, the high-quality streaming service.
With both digital and analogue inputs and outputs, the MQA–enabled Meridian 218 is suitable for a wide range of distributed audio applications from single zone to multi-zone use. Control features including IP and IR, allow this versatile 1U tall product to be easily partnered with any of Meridian’s power amplifiers or DSP loudspeakers.
• IP Control allows for seamless integration and flexibility within the home. Also includes both digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
• Scalable solution – use multiple 218 units for additional Hi Res zones around the home.
• Digital and analogue outputs enable the 218 to work with any power amplifier and all Meridian loudspeakers speakers, enabling significant flexibility.
• Multiple input options, including optical and coax digital, analogue and Speakerlink.
Meridian 218 Zone Controller - User Manual
Technologies and Features:
With its extensive Research and Development programme Meridian has pioneered the development of a host of innovative audio technologies many of which feature in today’s Meridian products.
IP Control allows for seamless integration and flexibility within the home. Also includes both digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
MASTER QUALITY AUTHENTICATED (MQA)
Sourced from the original studio master recording as approved by the creative team, MQA combines an advanced new digital sampling technology that captures extremely high frequency timing and detail in an audio signal with an equally novel system to “encapsulate” that data into a form for delivery using any lossless file format or streaming. The listener’s decoder reconstructs the entire original signal, bringing up an indicator confirming that what they are hearing is exactly the same as the original master. Without the decoder, the listener enjoys CD quality reproduction. Its most advanced form, “MQA Studio”, uses the technology in the studio to generate an even higher quality master recording as the source.
Uses a complex digital filter to double the rate of samples from the source to improve resolution of the finer details in the record. This means that even with a standard source such as CD using our upsampling technology we are able to significantly enhance the listening experience.
Video processing typically delays the picture. As sound travels slower than light, the effect of the sound arriving before the picture is highly noticeable. For installations where the audio and video are separated before video processing, the Meridian 218 has adjustable audio delay to realign the audio with the video.
Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music's sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian's SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install
• One 2-channel digital coaxial S/PDIF input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel Meridian Speakerlink input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel digital optical TOSLINK input. 44.1kHz to 96kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel analogue input
• One network input (Ethernet) for connection to a Roon system or an alternative control interface
• 2 Speakerlink digital outputs
• Single RCA digital output
• 2-Channel unbalanced analogue output (192kHz DAC)
• IP Control: Network socket for use with Meridian IP Control iPad App, other Sooloos control interface and third party control systems
• IP Control
• IR on 3.5mm jack
• LEDs to indicate source selection and MQA status
• HEIGHT: 42mm [1.65in]
• WIDTH: 204mm [8.03in]
• DEPTH: 150mm [5.91in]
• WEIGHT: Standalone: 0.56Kg [1.2lbs]
• 1U tall rack kit available with space for two units
• Universal mounting bracket
• All-aluminium chassis
• High performance power supply: 100V ac 50/60 Hz | 110-120V ac 50/60Hz | 220-240V ac 50/60Hz
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes and Online
Yes - Power