Denon DP-A100 - 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Turntable NEW - Sealed Box - Very Rare
This is probably the only one left in the world still in its original sealed box.
Part of Denon's 100th Anniversary Series with their "Legendary Denon Direct Drive technology," this turntable is featured in a gorgeous gloss black with silver and gold accents.
Best of all it includes a Denon DL-A100 MC (Moving-Coil) cartridge already mounted, configured, and ready to rock and roll. Also includes a dust cover and detachable power and RCA cables.
This came to us from a collector that took amazing care of his equipment. We imagine this one was purchased as an investment.
This piece was available for a short period of time (2010-2011) and retailed for around $1500.
Click here for a PDF copy of the Denon DPA-100 original sales brochure
A History Like No Other
The history of Denon turntables commenced in 1910 with the production
of Japan’s first gramophone and peaked in 1939 when Denon developed a disc recorder for NHK. Denon turntables were used not only by the general public, but by many radio stations as well. In 1970, Denon developed its own high-torque AC motor for low speeds, where the speed was controlled by highly precise detection of magnetic pulses recorded around the perimeter of the platter. Denon incorporated this history-making servo technology in its development of the direct-drive turntable whose high performance and reliability represented a clear break from conventional idler and belt drive products, and earned Denon a solid position as the preferred brand chosen by radio stations.
In the following year, the turntable was adapted for consumer use, and Denon, which continued to produce direct-drive players, became the most highly respected turntable brand amongst audio enthusiasts. The DP-A100 turntable is being released as a Denon anniversary model with the same high-performance Denon direct-drive turntable technology that has delivered cogging-free, high-precision rotation for 40 years. Equipped with the DL-A100 cartridge, the DP-A100 is capable of masterfully reproducing the energy and beauty of analog vinyl recordings.
The Signatures of Quality
The DP-A100 features the 100th anniversary logo badge, and comes with a 5-year warranty and a signed certificate of authenticity from the chief production engineer who hand crafted the product. Also included is the DL-A100 anniversary edition moving coil phono cartridge, and a beautiful Denon “brand book” that explores the history of one of the leading names in the audio-visual field.
This special-edition turntable celebrates a century of great Denon sound
- direct drive motor with quartz lock servo for high-precision rotation
- diecast aluminum platter with silicone rubber undercoating to resist vibration
- tonearm offers easy adjustment of vertical tracking angle for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- machined aluminum headshell accepts standard mount cartridges
- includes Denon DL-A100 low-output moving coil cartridge (requires receiver, preamp, or phono preamp with moving coil-compatible inputs)
- natural wood veneer base with adjustable damped aluminum cone feet
- high-performance AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- playback at 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (45 RPM adapter included)
- speed variance: 0.002% or less
- wow and flutter: 0.1% or less
- gold-plated RCA jacks let you use a high-performance cable of your choice
- detachable power cord
- removable hinged dust cover
- weight: 34.6 lbs.
- 19-5/16"W x 8-5/16"H x 17-9/16"D (height is 20-5/16 with cover open)
- warranty: 5 years (5 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
What's in the box:
- Printed Owner's Manual
- Turntable chassis
- Dust cover
- Aluminum turntable platter
- Rubber platter mat
- DL-A100 Moving Coil cartridge
- Cartridge mounting hardware
- Stylus cover
- Stylus brush
- Head shell
- 45 RPM adapter
- 75" AC power cord
- 57" Stereo RCA cable with ground wire
- Pair of white gloves
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Denon service network information
- 100th Anniversary Thank You note
- 100th Anniversary certificate of authenticity
- 100th Anniversary book
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes and Online
Yes as described in the listing