dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus (Network Streamer)
Free Shipping on *ALL* Electronics (Excluding Speakers, Contiguous 48 US States Only)
Pickup currently unavailable at SkyFi 479
dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus (Network Streamer)
479 South Broad Street
Glen Rock NJ 07452
Current generation Vivaldi Upsampler in the Plus variation which adds a very capable streamer for ultimate flexibility. This is confirmed by the VPP in the serial number.
Allows high quality streaming from TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, and internet radio via the dCS Mosaic Control app. Plus it's Roon Ready, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and UPnP compatible.
Used for around 30 hrs and presenting like new.
Comes with the manual but not the remote which is part of the DAC we also have listed. You won't need the remote since the unit is controllable from your phone or tablet using the dCS Mosaic Control app.
$25k current MSRP
More from dCS:
Vivaldi Upsampler Key Features
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity
- Designed for maximum flexibility, both input and output configuration can be optimised for systems with various digital sources
- Comprehensive clocking architecture to minimise jitter
- High quality streaming from TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer and internet radio via the dCS Mosaic Control app
- Roon Ready, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and UPnP compatible
- USB, AES, Dual AES and S/PDIF digital audio inputs
- Auto clocking mode, Save/Restore settings, Universal Master Mode, the hiding of inactive inputs, DXD Lock and DSD Feed-through modes improve ease-of-use
- Asynchronous Network and USB interfaces do not use the computer’s jittery clock
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive clock and PLL circuitry is unaffected by digital interference
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration
With total precision and composure, the Vivaldi unravels even the most complex recordings with ease, projecting a sound that feels utterly natural and beautifully complete. Under its delicate hand and invisible touch, music comes alive, with each note unfolding to reveal a panoramic view of a recording or mix.
From the smallest inflections to the swiftest shifts in tempo and tone, it captures it all with a sense of perfect rhythm and flow. With its wide and far-reaching gaze, it uncovers not just the fine details in a recording, but the silences and spaces in between - the tension, drama and emotions that lie beneath.
Crafted for the purest musical expression, the Vivaldi is designed to disappear, leaving you absorbed in sound and immersed in the world that an artist creates. Its pioneering architecture builds on three decades of innovation to present our most ambitious system yet: a four-chassis design with almost limitless potential.
With the Vivaldi’s launch, we devised a blueprint for a new generation of digital playback systems. We reimagined our core technologies - including our Ring DAC™ system, clocking architecture and the dCS Digital Processing Platform - and developed a new technical DNA that has shaped the creation of each dCS product since.
Unrivalled in its sonic and technical abilities, the Vivaldi has earned global acclaim for its ground-breaking design and captivating sound. A product of visionary thinking, and fearless engineering, it remains the most revealing and lowest distortion playback system available - and its design continues to evolve.
With the Vivaldi APEX, we’ve once again redefined state-of-the-art in digital audio. We’ve further enhanced the Vivaldi DAC with the addition of our next generation Ring DAC APEX™ hardware. This major upgrade allows us to take the Vivaldi’s world-leading performance to a new level - resulting in an even more immersive musical experience.
Kimber Kable - RCA Interconnects - Better
Kimber Kable - Power Cords - Better
Kimber Kable - Power Cords - Best
The SkyFi Testing Process for DACs:
We start with a visual inspection of all internal components to make sure that there are no signs of heat stress or damage. Capacitors are checked for telltale signs of predictive failure including bulging, shrunken wrappers, or physical leakage. We also inspect resistors and other passive components for signs of overheating.
After the visual inspection we connect the DAC’s RCA outputs to our Sencore PA81 Power Analyzer which simulates a real world input impedance and allows us to monitor the output on an oscilloscope. We are equipped to test optical, coaxial, and USB inputs at Redbook CD Quality. We start with a test signal to verify signal lock and proper output on both channels. If the DAC has balanced outputs these are also tested at this time. If the DAC has multiple Optical and Coaxial inputs they are all checked for proper lock. USB inputs are tested with a Macbook Pro.
After proper function is verified, we set the DAC up for a listening test to evaluate general audio reproduction quality and monitor for clicks, pops, or any other audible signs of issues related to dropped signal lock or failing audio output stages. We often connect DACs under evaluation to our long term test rig for a long test stint to verify stability under real world operating conditions.
Yes - Power Only
Physical Condition (Info Here)
8 / 10
10 / 10