Bel Canto DAC2.5 Upsampling Audio DAC with Master Reference Ultra-Clock
Tested and working as it should with no cosmetic or fuctional issues.
The display is clear and bright, all controls are responsive, and on the test bench it was super quiet and capable.
• Master Reference Ultra-Clock high rate jitter filter insures maximum dynamic range from any source
• 110dB dynamic range 24/192 ADC Analog RCA input
• USB Link 24/96 Isolated computer audio input
• Dedicated Headphone DAC/Amplifier stage
• 8 Digit Alphanumeric Green LED Display
• Internal LNS1 supply with LC filter
• Critical analog supply filters using new Solid Polymer technology capacitors
• 4Vrms balanced output level to drive any amplifier
Original MSRP of $2,000.00
Rear Panel Connections:
• IEC power cord jack
• Power Switch
• XLR 4 Vrms or RCA 2 Vrms outputs are used for directly driving a power amplifier in variable output mode or a preamplifier input when in fixed output mode.
• RCA Analog Inputs
• USB Input can be connected to a computer for playback of any audio format up to a 24/96 data rate. The system will automatically recognize the DAC2.5 as an audio converter (enumerated as Bel Canto USB 2496) when using Windows 98 or later and any version of Macintosh OSX.
• TOSLINK input accept any standard plastic or glass fiber optical TOSLINK cable and operates to 24/192 data rate
• SPDIF1 and SPDIF2 accepts RCA connections from any 75 ohm SPDIF source and operate to at least 24/192 data rate
• AES/EBU Input accepts any AES/EBU standard 110 ohm digital source and operates to at least a 24/192 data rate
More From Bel Canto:
The DAC2.5 musical performance rests on the solid foundation of the Master Reference Ultra-ClockTM. The Master Reference Ultra-ClockTM provides jitter performance 50x better than other clocks. Specifications of 2 picoseconds RMS and frequency accuracy of 0.0001% insure maximum dynamic range. The Master Reference Ultra-Clock circuit is preceded by a new aggressive 2Hz jitter filter, insuring that any incoming jitter on the data inputs can not compromise the final analog output signal quality.
The DAC2.5 has been optimized to provide the highest level of performance for all of these critical functions. It can provide digital preamplifier as well as D/A conversion and bridge from traditional CD or DVD player sources and from the isolated USB input for computer music playback sources.
All digital input sources benefit from the new 2Hz digital PLL stage that rolls off incoming jitter by more than 10X at 10Hz frequencies and greater than 10,000X by 100 Hz. Any incoming jitter at frequencies above 10Hz is reduced to levels that have no effect on measured or sonic performance. The combination of the internal LNS1 stage and the new jitter filtration provide a well isolated environment for the DAC2.5 Digital to Analog stage. The final conversion to analog is no longer subject to external noise and interference sources and the resulting purity and dynamic quality is highly musical and compelling.
The High Dynamic Range analog input section provides 110dB of dynamic range for any of your analog sources-it can be connected to a PHONO3 preamplifier for a complete system including a turntable source. Or it can be configured as a Home Theater Bypass to integrate into a complete high performance system with the best performance for your 2-channel sources.
The dedicated headphone DAC/Amplifier stage is designed to drive any headphone with remarkable fidelity. This dedicated stage insures no compromise to either the main analog outputs or the headphone output. The main analog outputs are muted digitally when a headphone is plugged into the front panel jack. There is no additional switching of any analog signals or routing of analog lines. The headphone circuitry is all DC coupled, avoiding any sonic compromise due to coupling capacitors.
The PCM1796 dual-differential multi-bit delta-sigma DAC circuit achieves remarkable analog performance. The 4VRMS true balanced XLR outputs provide 122dB of dynamic range. The noise floor of this DAC/processor is so low and so clean that the DAC2.5 is optimally used as a complete DAC/Preamplifier with a digital level control. Because of dither applied to the 24bit word there is no loss of effective resolution. The application of optimized dither insures that the analog output noise floor maintains a clean sound, devoid of any tones or artifacts. The DAC2.5 can provide an optimum solution with the addition of a Bel Canto e.One amplifier, eliminating the need for an analog preamplifier.
Click here for a PDF copy of the Bel Canto DAC2.5 User's Guide
Click here to see our other Bel Canto items listed for sale
Maximum Input Data Rate:
24bit Data at 192Ks/s: AES 110ohm XLR, SPDIF 75ohm, TOSLINK
24bit Data at 96Ks/s: USB
Master Clock jitter: 2picosecond RMS
Analog 24/192 DAC Section:
Maximum Output: 4Vrms balanced XLR, 2Vrms RCA
Output Impedance: 200 ohms balanced XLR, 100 ohms RCA
Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20KHz, +/- 0.5dB
THD+N: <0.0015%, 4Vrms balanced out, 1KHz
Output Noise: 3.3uVrms, A-weighted 20Hz-20KHz
Dynamic Range: 122dB, A-weighted 20Hz-20KHz
Analog 24/192 ADC Section:
Maximum Input: 2.5Vrms RCA
Input Impedance: 12K ohms RCA
Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20KHz, +/- 0.5dB
THD+N: 0.003%, 2.5Vrms in, 1KHz
Dynamic Range: 110dB, A-weighted 20Hz-20KHz
Maximum Output: 138mW
THD+N: 0.0055% 35mW, 1KHz
Output Noise: 17uVrms, A-weighted 20Hz-20KHz
Power Usage On: 8W
Power Usage Off: 0.0W
Internally Set Operating Voltages: 100-120VAC or 230-240VAC 50/60 Hz
Dimensions: 8.5” W x 12.5” D x 3.5” H (216 mm x 318 mm x 88 mm)
Weight: 14lbs. (6.5 kg)
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes - Power