Arcam FMJ AVR600 Receiver With Free Matching Flagship DiVA CD Player!
Very expensive receiver from Arcam with 7.1 and HDMI capabilities. Tested and putting out the full 150W on each channel.
Includes the pictured (and FREE) matching CD Player which connects to receiver via its digital input (analog output on the CD Player is disabled).
Great working and cosmetic condition overall for both.
We have the box, manual, and remote for the AVR600 only. Not for the CD Player. The remote for the AVR600 does control the CD Player.
Arcam DiVA CD 192 CD Owner's Manual
The AVR600 in Detail:
The AVR600 AV receiver represents a tour-de-force of Arcam’s design skill and technical prowess.
While most receivers are designed to provide an overwhelming list of specifications but are short on outright performance, the AVR600 is focused on the complete experience. Never before has an AV receiver delivered such a fine balance of state of the art sound and video processing backed up by an all encompassing technical specification.
The AVR600’s discrete styling hides a huge seven channel, 120wpc power amplifier and some of the most advanced audio and video processing ever seen in a high performance AV receiver.
Fully equipped for the high definition world, the AVR600 decodes the very latest Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio streams with phenomenal precision.
With well over 100 input, output and control connections, from simple analogue I/O to high speed HDMI, the AVR600 is fully equipped to deal with the most demanding of home cinema systems or custom installations. Sources such as DVD, Blu-Ray, set-top boxes, iPods® and games machines are all accommodated with ease.
Using 6 layer PCBs and ultra high precision digital audio and video circuits, the internal design of the AVR600 is the culmination of thousands of man-hours of research and development work by Arcam’s world-class design team and represents the largest project ever completed by the company.
• 120WPC continuous power output into 4 or 8 ohms loads (all 7 channels driven at 1kHz)
• Stereo output power over 150WPC into 4 or 8 ohms, 20Hz to 20kHz
• Huge toroidal power transformer and high efficiency class G amplifier ensures ample power for even the most demanding programme material
• In 5.1 speaker setups channels 6 & 7 assignable to bi-amplify front left and right or for use in Zone 2
• Audiophile quality components for best sound quality
• Multi-channel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
• Stereo direct mode bypasses and disables all digital processing for 2 channel analogue sources
• 9 stereo analogue inputs (including one MM phono input & front 3.5mm AUX input)
• Zone 2 stereo audio, from analogue inputs (Source and volume control independent from main zone)
• Zone 3 stereo audio, from analogue inputs
• Linked to Zone 2, volume control independent
• DAB/FM/AM or FM/AM stereo tuner with 50 presets
• Sirius Home Connect compatible input
• Support for iPod via Arcam rLead / rDock (independent of RS232 connection)
• State of the art Analog Devices ADSP-21366 & ADSP-21367 DSPs for surround decoding
• Crystal Semiconductor 24bit 192kHz DACs, stereo ADC and precision electronic volume controls
• Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital+, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS HD Master
• Audio, DTS High Resolution Audio, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS96/24, DTS Neo:6
• Dolby Volume processing for balancing of program material gain and tonal balance
• Adjustable crossover switching 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz
• 8 digital inputs 4 rear optical, 3 co-axial, 1 front 3.5mm optical AUX input
• Global audio delay, adjustable from 0-1000 milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in digital displays and sources
• USB input for audio file playback from UPnP mass storage devices
• Ethernet connection for Internet Radio and audio streaming
• 5 HDMI inputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
• 2 HDMI outputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
• 5 Component inputs, one monitor output (up to 1080i)
• 5 S-video inputs, one monitor output, 2 tape outputs
• 5 Composite video inputs, one monitor output, 2 tape outputs
• Full video up/down conversion & frame rate conversion of all inputs where technically allowed
• Video enhancements: Edge enhancement, Mosquito noise reduction, Random noise reduction, Block noise reduction
Custom Install Features
• Independent Zone 2 (audio & video), with fixed/variable volume
• Zone 3 audio with fixed/variable volume
• RC-5 remote input jacks for all three zones
• IR pass through for source components
• Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on / off etc
• 12Volt triggers, on / off for zones 1, 2 and 3
• Full duplex RS232 control input for more complex control systems
• Supplied with back-lit CR102 learning remote control with support for up to 7 other components and a huge on-board code library
• Large, high contrast dimmable VFD front panel display
• User switchable between 120 & 230 Volt mains supplies
• Size – 435mm (17.1in) wide, 435mm (17.1in) deep, 185mm (7.3in) high
• Weight 25kg (55 lbs) net, 30kg (66 lbs) packed
The DiVA CD 192 CD in detail:
The CD192 is the highest performing CD player in the Arcam DiVA range, offering superior performance, a greater feature set and better value than has previously been possible in the DiVA product line. Arcam has been designing and building high performance CD players in its purpose built factory in the UK since 1986. All of this experience has been pulled together to make the CD192 the clear “best in class” performer.
Using the design philosophy from Arcam’s highest performing player, the FMJ CD33T, the CD192 features upsampling technology*. By converting the standard CD digital audio to the high sample rates and bit depths used by DVD-Audio, some of the sound quality benefits of this more advanced disc format can now be realized in a standard CD player. Four Wolfson WM8740 DACs convert the digital data back to the analogue domain, the multiple DACs averaging out any errors that may be present in individual DAC ICs.
Finally a DC coupled output stage and extremely accurate ultra-low jitter clocking system ensure a sound quality that is truly remarkable from a conventional CD and sensational at this price.
The employed upsampling and DAC techniques effectively “upgrade” your CD collection offering more detail, greater imaging and an overall more emotional portrayal of the music.
The CD192 was designed and manufactured in the UK.
• 24/192 upsampling CD player
• 4 x Wolfson WM8740 DACs per channel
• High stability 3rd overtone clock
• DC coupled output stage
• Ultra-low noise 4-layer DAC PCB
• CD Text, CD-R and CD-RW compatible
• IR and 12v control inputs
• Toroid transformer PSU
• Stunning sound quality
The SkyFi Testing Process for Receivers:
We start with a visual inspection of all internal components to make sure there are no signs of stress or aging. Capacitors are checked for telltale sings of bulging or leaking, resistors are checked for signs of overheating or cracking, and transistors are checked for signs of stress or damage.
We then power up the unit carefully and run a simple 1k sine wave while monitoring the output on an oscilloscope for signs of distortion or noise. Finally, we run the receiver to its full rated power into the appropriate resistive load provided by our Sencore amplifier tester. If there is an issue, it will usually be noticeable at this point. If everything reads clean, we will often test for THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) measured by our Keithley distortion meter, and compare it against the original manufacturers specifications. The receiver then remains powered on to "burn in" on our test bench for a few hours to make sure there are no heat related issues. If there are balanced inputs available they will be also be tested.
Final testing involves pushing actual music thorough the receiver. We've learned over time that some issues are only noticeable to a trained ear while listening to familiar source material. Our test bench has reference vintage KEF speakers that we're very familiar with which quickly reveal any discrepancies. Some receivers will then move into our listening room where they are tested with our in-house reference speakers of choice.
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes - Power