Arcam DV135 CD/SACD Player With Remote
Very capable, yet budget friendly player from British manufacturer Arcam.
Tough to beat at this price range.
In good working and cosmetic condition, and best of all it includes the original remote.
100/115V or 230V AC, set by voltage selector switch on rear panel.
• True high performance universal player
• Latest generation Zoran Vaddis 888s core processing engine
• DVD-Video, VCD, DiVX, CD audio plus stereo DVD-Audio & 2ch SACD
• Stunning motion adaptive progressive scan
• HDMI digital video/audio output
• Zoran video scaling to 720p, 768p & 1080i
• On-board video setup wizard for display calibration
• Audiophile sound quality for movies and music
Using the Zoran Vaddis 888s core processor and Arcam’s broadcast quality circuitry, the picture from the DV135 is class leading. Zoran’s motion adaptive de-interlacing techniques mean pictures are pure, clean and startlingly detailed. The internal video scaling engine allows the DV135 to supply high resolution pictures direct to the screen using its HDMI output. In many cases this means bypassing the low cost and inferior performance scaling chips fitted to most of today’s digital video displays. The DV135’s resolution options even include 768p for direct input to any of the popular 1366 x 768 pixel displays that choose to implement this format.
As you would expect from a company with a 30-year heritage, audio performance from the DV135 is stunning. Ultra high precision clocks, Wolfson 8740 DACs and low noise toroidial transformer based power supplies ensure CD playback will delight movie and music lovers alike. DVD-Audio and SACD discs also benefit from the DV135’s world-class audio design delivering stunning music from all discs.
For DVDs, extended buffer memory means no pause during the layer change of dual layer discs. “CUE” or “Chroma Upsampling Error” (a video processing artifact often found on DVD players) is completely absent from the DV135 ensuring a clean, crisp and film-like picture that leaves its competition standing.
A stylish remote handset is included (the CR515) and, for more complex control systems, a full duplex RS232 interface is fitted. A full suite of RC5 remote control codes gives discrete control of toggle commands such as on / off.
The DV135 was designed and manufactured in the UK and was manuafcatured in black or silver.
• Zoran Vaddis 888s processor with built-in “per pixel” motion adaptive progressive scan engine
• Zoran video scaling (supporting 720p, 1080i, 768p to HDMI out)
I• nternal video setup wizard for calibrating display to DVD player (Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness & Colour)
• RGB SCART and component video outputs – latter supports both 525p and 625p video
• HDMI video output, supporting the following formats: 480p, 576p, 720p, 768p, 1080i
• Dedicated 768p output for 768 line screens with appropriate HDMI input
• Zero Chroma Upsampling Error (CUE)
• NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC conversion
• High quality zoom function with 1.25 and 1.5 settings to fill ‘wrong aspect ratio’ screens
• 6 x 11 bit 216 MHz Analog Devices video DACs – permitting simultaneous output of interlaced component (or RGB), S-video and composite video
• RGB, component and composite properly buffered 75 ohms video outputs, capable of driving long cables without distortion
• Supports DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW discs plus CD, SACD (2 ch. only), DVD-Audio (2 ch./multi-channel mixed down to 2 ch.) MP3, WMA, DiVX, Photo CD and JPEGs
• Dolby Digital, CD, MP3 & WMA audio plus DVD-Audio and SACD playback in 2 ch.
32-bit Zoran audio DSP for optimum fidelity
• Top of the line 24-bit 192kHz Wolfson WM8740 DACs
• Global audio delay manager, 0-150ms, for perfect lip sync with digital processors / displays
• Ultra-low jitter audio clock circuitry
• State of the art CD replay from a DVD player, including HDCD decoding
• Quick and easy SACD/CD hybrid layer change for fast comparisons
• Replays MP3 and WMA files from recordable CDs and DVDs with dedicated on-screen browser
• Coaxial, optical and HDMI digital audio outputs support 2-channel PCM up to 24-bit / 96kHz
• Dual laser DVD drive reads CD-R/RW discs and most copy protected audio CDs
(HDMI V1.0 2ch 24bit 96kHz PCM), plus DTS and Dolby Digital streams
Custom Install Features
• Extended internal buffer memory means no DVD layer change delays
• 4-layer fibreglass main circuit board for best audio and video performance
• Low noise Arcam-designed mixed mode power supply (linear for audio switched for digital & video)
• Over specified toroidal mains transformer
• Arcam “Mask of Silence” EMC dampening technology
• Sturdy all metal cabinet construction from heavy gauge steel and aluminium
• Front panel Navigation Button simplifies disc navigation when not using remote control
• New stylish remote control, type CR515
• Size 430mm wide, 340mm deep, 85mm high
• Weight 8Kg
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes - Power