Simaudio MOON Evolution 650D DAC/CD Transport
Still under the 10 year warranty which is transferable.
The Simaudio Moon Evolution is one of my all time favorite lines of equipment and would be in my top 5 list if I had to choose a system to suit me for the rest of my life.
This particular piece is a very capable DAC with the bonus of built in CD transport. It can be upgraded to the next level with the addition of an 820S external power supply. Frankly, I dont think it needs it, but if you're a tweaker this might be just for you.
It also has one of the most readable displays in the industry visible from just about any angle and distance.
The casework in the best I’ve seen with amazing fit and finish. It utilizes the heaviest gauge metal panels and heatsinks I've seen in this category.
Condition is near perfect, not a visible scratch or fingerprint. All functions work as they should and it has been fully tested.
Comes complete as it would from the factory including the manual, remote, spikes, and packing materials (double box).
Here is a link to a great review:
- Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension.
- Separate digital and analog power supplies, each with their own toroidal transformer.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 18 stages in all.
- Four (4) digital inputs (AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TosLink and USB) allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source.
- Two (2) digital outputs – AES/EBU and S/PDIF.
- Fully compatible with 820S external power supply.
Frequency response (full range)
2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted)
120dB @ full output
1 picosecond RMS
Analog Output @ 0dBFS
Analog output impedance
16 - 24 bits
Sampling frequency rates
44.1 - 192kHz
35 lbs / 16 Kgs
Dimensions (width x height x depth)
18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 in. / 47.6 x 10.2 x 42.7 cm