Linn Klout Amplifier - Linn's BEST Amplifier - EVER
Very highly reviewed and regarded amplifier from Linn, employing a single pair of transistors for each channel providing the most natural amplification you'll ever hear, especially when paired with Linn speakers.
We have a matching preamp and speakers available here.
Fully tested in our lab and driven to full power without issue.
Cosmetically in good shape without any significant scratches. Serial # (not pictured) is 001484.
Checkout this solid video brief from YouTube:
Product Information Sheet - February 1999
LINN KLOUT - Stereo Power Amplifier
Provides the uncompromising power, stability and performance required to drive any loudspeaker to the highest standard of musical accuracy.
- Two separate amplifiers in one box each with its own fully regulated and isolated power supply for the ultimate loudspeaker control and stability
- Protection circuitry which does not limit output current. (protected against: transistor overload, instantaneous over-current, short circuit, over-temperature, over and under voltage, DC input, power supply in-rush current)
- Advanced circuitry to maximise loudspeaker control and protect the amplifier and loudspeakers from overload
- Three sets of speaker outputs for optimised bi-and tri-wiring upgrades or driving auxiliary loudspeakers
- Parallel line-in/line-out connectors for ‘daisy-chained’ multi-amplifier installations
- Remote switch-on facility to enable freedom of location and system configuration
- Front facia bi-coloured LEDs to indicate product status
- Massive heatsink extrusion for cool, stable performance
- Fully screened transformer to allow hum-free stacking
- Linn active crossover modules accommodated internally for improved playback
- performance and simple active system installation
- Surface-mount electronics to improve heat dissipation and reliability, and provide
- optimum signal handling
- Ultra-short signal path, which preserves music signal integrity, in a very compact package
Type: Stereo Power Amplifier
Input Connectors: 1 Pair RCA Phono/Channel
Input Impedance: 5k Ohms
Voltage Gain: 28.5dB
Power Output: 160W/Channel/4 Ohms, 80W/Channel/8 Ohms
Speaker Connectors: 3 pairs 4mm sockets/channel
Power Consumption: 840W maximum, 25W idling
Power Supply: 100/120/220/240V +/- 10%
Size: 12.60" x 12.83" x 3.15" (W 320mm x D 326mm x H 80mm)
Weight: 24.25 lbs / 11kg
The SkyFi Testing Process for Amplifiers (Solid State):
We start with a visual inspection of all internal components to make sure there are no signs of stress or aging. Capacitors are checked for telltale sings of bulging or leaking, resistors are checked for signs of overheating or cracking, and transistors are checked for signs of stress or damage.
We then power up the unit carefully and run a simple 1k sine wave while monitoring the output on an oscilloscope for signs of distortion or noise. Finally, we run the amplifier to its full rated power into the appropriate resistive load provided by our Sencore amplifier tester. If there is an issue, it will usually be noticeable at this point. If everything reads clean, we will often test for THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) measured by our Keithley distortion meter, and compare it against the original manufacturers specifications. The amplifier then remains powered on to "burn in" on our test bench for a few hours to make sure there are no heat related issues. If there are balanced inputs available they will be also be tested.
Final testing involves pushing actual music thorough the amplifier. We've learned over time that some issues are only noticeable to a trained ear while listening to familiar source material. Our test bench has reference vintage Kef speakers that we're very familiar with which quickly reveal any discrepancies. Some amplifiers will then move into our listening room where they are tested with our in-house reference speakers of choice.
Please click here for detailed specifics regarding our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
Yes - Power